Three primary things destroy spa
- Environmental Factors, namely the
sun, temperature changes, acid rain, snow and ice.
- Improper chemical balance in the spa
- Animals like to chew covers, lay on
them, and people make mistakes too.
- Be sure to wash off dirt and tree
stuff that collects on top of the cover every once in a while.
- About every two to three months,
apply Armor All, or STP Son of a Gun to the entire exterior vinyl surface of
the cover. That will keep the vinyl pliable, prevent UV and ozone damage, and
will keep the stuff that falls on it, like tree sap, pollen, and bird
droppings, from causing so much damage to the surface.
- Be sure to maintain your water
quality (excessive bromine will destroy the bottom of a spa cover in no time,
and can disintegrate the plastic bag that protects the foam); check out the
instructions on this
- If you have a large dog, say more
than 35 pounds, be sure that they aren't allowed to walk on or lay on top of
the cover. Keep kids and adults off as well.